Hematopathology Test Offering
GenPath is uniquely positioned to perform a comprehensive workup for patients with hematopathologic tumors (e.g., chronic myelogenous leukemia, multiple myeloma, and non-Hodgkin lymphoma). Our laboratory employs board-certified hematopathologists with extensive experience in all aspects of hematopathology, including peripheral blood and bone marrow morphology, flow cytometry, IHC, FISH, PCR/RT-PCR, and NGS.
Additionally, flow cytometry and FISH testing for hematologic malignancies are offered as a TC/PC split through GenPath’s complete pathology solution, Stormpath®.
View GenPath’s comprehensive hematopathology offering
GenPath provides state-of-the-art coagulation testing services. Over 100 advanced assays and panels are available and analyzed by our expert in-house medical staff led by De-Hui Wayne Ku, PhD, and John V. Mitsios, PhD. To view a comprehensive listing of all tests offered by GenPath, please visit our Test Directory.
Sample of Special Coagulation Tests Offered
Patients with a history of onset of thrombosis at an early age, recurrent thrombosis and thrombotic events without obvious provocative cause, such as surgery, trauma, or serious illness, should be considered for thrombophilia assessment. This assessment includes both inherited and acquired disorders that are related to thrombosis.
Factor V Leiden gene mutation, for instance, is associated with an increased risk for venous thrombosis. The presence of this mutation is associated with higher risk for adverse pregnancy outcome.
Bleeding diathesis can result from deficiencies in any of the hemostasis components, such as clotting factors, von Willebrand factor, and platelets.
For example, a decrease in factor VIII (8) clotting activity may be seen in patients with bleeding disorders such as: hemophilia A, von Willebrand disease, and acquired factor VIII inhibitor.
Special Coagulation Panels
- Abnormal aPTT Assessment
- Abnormal PT & aPTT Assessment
- Abnormal PT Solely Antiphospholipid Antibody & Lupus Inhibitor Assessment – Basic
- Antiphospholipid Antibody & Lupus Inhibitor Assessment – Expanded
- Arterial & Atherothrombotic Risk – Basic
- Arterial & Atherothrombotic Risk – Expanded
- Bleeding Diathesis Evaluation
- DIC Assessment
- General Thrombophilia Assessment for Inherited & Acquired Disorders
- Fibrinolytic Evaluation – Standard
- For Specific Factor Inhibitor
- Lupus Inhibitor Screen
- Hyperactive Coagulation Panel
- Pregnancy Thrombophilia Assessment
- Venous Prothrombotic Risk Factor
- Von Willebrand Screen – Basic
- Von Willebrand Screen – Expanded