Prenatal Diagnostic Testing
As a full service laboratory, GenPath is able to offer a comprehensive menu of prenatal diagnostic tests available for your patients on CVS or amniocentesis samples, as well as products of conception (POC) testing. Whether your patient needs follow up to an abnormal ClariTest result, had an abnormal ultrasound, or is a known carrier for a genetic condition, GenPath can provide the diagnostic testing you need. Our board certified genetic counselors are available to assist you in ordering prenatal diagnostic testing.
Who Should Consider Prenatal Diagnostic Testing?
The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) recommends offering the option of chorionic villus sampling (CVS) or amniocentesis to all pregnant women for the prenatal diagnosis of chromosome abnormalities.
Testing should specifically be considered for women who:
- Will be over the age of 35 at delivery
- Have an abnormal screening test, such as a first trimester screen, quad screen, sequential screen, or non-invasive prenatal screening (NIPS)
- Have certain abnormalities seen on ultrasound
- Have had a previous pregnancy with a chromosome abnormality
- Have an inherited predisposition to chromosome abnormalities
- Are at risk for a prenatally diagnosable inherited genetic disorder
Commonly Ordered Diagnostic Tests