ClariTest™ from GenPath harnesses the power of massively parallel sequencing to screen for fetal chromosomal abnormalities.ClariTest is a safe, non-invasive prenatal screen (NIPS), performed as early as 10 weeks of gestation from a simple blood draw, exhibiting outstanding sensitivity and specificity for the most common trisomies and specific microdeletion syndromes.
ClariTest can screen for five microdeletions that result in the following syndromes:
• 22q11.2 deletion syndrome (DiGeorge syndrome)
• 1p36 deletion syndrome
• 15q11.2 deletions (Angelman or Prader Willi syndrome)
• Cri du chat syndrome (5p-)
• Wolf-Hirschhorn syndrome (4p-)Collectively these microdeletions can affect 1 in 1000 pregnancies and have clinical features that can affect growth, intellectual ability and/or development.
• ClariTest microdeletion panel: Screens for common chromosomal aneuploidies as well as five microdeletions.
ClariTest is a safe option without the risks associated with invasive procedures such as amniocentesis and chorionic villus sampling (CVS). It can be used to screen for common trisomies in singleton as well as twin pregnancies.
Results for chromosomes 21, 18, 13 and sex chromosomes are reported as:
• No Aneuploidy Detected
• Aneuploidy Detected
• Aneuploidy Suspected – Borderline Value (reported for chromosomes 21, 18 and 13 only)
Results for microdeletions are reported as:
• No Microdeletions Detected
• Abnormality Detected
*NIPS is a screening test only, patients receiving an Aneuploidy Detected or Aneuploidy Suspected result are advised to seek genetic counseling, as well as discuss further diagnostic testing options. Decisions regarding the pregnancy should NOT be made based on NIPS results only.
We Offer Genetic Counseling Support
In the many stages of executing a prenatal testing program, genetic counseling plays a significant role in its success. The demand for genetic counseling and the need for support in understanding the risk for genetic syndromes will continue to increase as more genetic tests become available. The ingenuity behind GenPath’s Genetic Counseling program is designed to position our clients as leaders in providing patients with positive outcomes.
Every patient that receives ClariTest from GenPath has the option of scheduling an in-depth counseling session with one of our 100+ genetic counselors who will:
- Further explain the patient’s risks
- Help clarify what test results may mean for the patient and their family
- Extend guidance for treatment decisions
- Provide individualized follow-up recommendations
- Provide resources that are pertinent to each patient’s situation
- Literature about a diagnosis
- Support group information
- Contacts for other resources or healthcare providers that may be beneficial to the patient
GenPath is a Full Service Women’s Health Laboratory
We offer prenatal diagnostic testing services so there is no gap in patient care and management. From Maternal Serum Screening to Reproductive Genetics, from Pregnancy Thrombophilia to Infectious Disease testing, from esoteric to routine testing, GenPath is your one stop shop for all your laboratory needs. As a national women’s health laboratory, we are contracted with most major insurances.