GenPath is a Division of BioReference Laboratories, a Subsidiary of OPKO Health.
The diversified brands at BioReference Laboratories have been designed to address the unique needs of healthcare providers in specialty markets, including oncology, urology, women’s health, maternal-fetal medicine, and genetics. Brands include:
- BioReference Laboratories, Inc., is the largest full service specialty laboratory in the United States that gives healthcare providers and patients the information to make confident healthcare decisions. With a focus on genetics, oncology, urology and women’s health, BioReference offers comprehensive test solutions and unparalleled expertise based on a 40 year legacy of proven science. The company is in-network with the largest health plans in the United States, serves approximately 19 million patients annually, operates a network of 11 laboratory locations, and is backed by a medical staff of more than 300 M.D., D.O., Ph.D., genetic counselors and other professional clinical and scientific personnel. With a national footprint and niche market experience, BioReference provides credible and innovative solutions that meet the needs of employers, governmental agencies, educational systems, hospitals and health systems, correctional institutions, sports leagues, travel and leisure industries, and retail markets. BioReference provides industry-leading custom solutions for COVID-19, including point-of-care testing and large-scale screening programs.
- GenPath Oncology provides leading expertise in cancer diagnostics and offers a comprehensive portfolio to provide a single source solution laboratory for cancer patients’ needs. GenPath is backed by a team of specialized pathologists and has experience in providing diagnostic oncology solutions, from routine clinical and special coagulation testing to complex genomic testing for tumor sequencing and hereditary cancer syndromes. GenPath offers oncologists and pathologists a variety of diagnostic solutions including morphological analysis, immunohistochemistry, FISH, flow cytometry, karyotyping, molecular analysis, and next generation sequencing.
- GenPath Urology offers comprehensive tests and services to help diagnose and manage the most difficult cases. GenPath provides urologists with access to a suite of diagnostic testing for a variety of urologic conditions, including prostate cancer, bladder cancer, hereditary cancers, kidney stones, and sexually transmitted infections. GenPath offers the 4Kscore® Test, a blood test that combines four prostate-specific biomarkers with important clinical factors, to provide a man’s risk for aggressive prostate cancer if a biopsy were to be performed, and results should be considered in the shared decision-making process.
- GenPath Women’s Health provides expertise as a leading one-source laboratory solution for all testing and service needs for women at every stage of their lives. GenPath offers a comprehensive portfolio that includes cervical cancer screening and biopsies, sexually transmitted and vaginal infection testing, pan-ethnic carrier screening, prenatal screening and diagnosis, advanced prenatal diagnostic testing and hereditary cancer testing. GenPath also offers experienced board-certified genetic counseling, including access to GeneDx and MyGeneTeam.
- GeneDx, Inc. (“GeneDx”), is a global leader in genomics that provides genetic testing to patients and their families. Led by its world-renowned whole exome sequencing program, GeneDx has an acknowledged expertise in rare and ultra-rare genetic disorders, as well as one of the broadest menus of sequencing services available among commercial laboratories. GeneDx offers a suite of genetic testing services, including diagnostic testing for hereditary cancers, inherited cardiac disorders, metabolic disorders, mitochondrial disorders, neurological disorders, and many other conditions.
- my·labology is a consumer-initiated testing service that improves the healthcare consumer experience and allows patients to take control of their health. my·labology streamlines the path from test requests to results by making testing accessible to all, regardless of provider or insurance status. The process allows patients to request tests and get results online in three simple steps: select a test, visit a BioReference patient service center to have specimen collected, and receive test results, straight to their device.
- Scarlet Health is an in-home, fully integrated digital platform providing access to on-demand specimen collection services. Backed by BioReference’s national presence and infrastructure, with laboratory facilities and professionals across the country, Scarlet delivers an innovative, flexible, mobile alternative to traditional patient service centers or other draw locations when phlebotomy and other specimen collection services are needed. Scarlet increases access to vital patient diagnostic information for healthcare providers, enabling and faster diagnosis of conditions, and addresses the limits of the existing system by having specimen collection services come to patients– whether in their home or place of employment.
About OPKO Health
At OPKO Health, the entrepreneurial acumen of founder and CEO, Dr. Phillip Frost, has led to the development of a diverse healthcare company, flexible enough to adapt to evolving patient needs. OPKO is proud of its first in class products, Rayaldee® and 4Kscore® , as well as its diagnostics divisions, BioReference Laboratories and GeneDx. In addition to clinical products and diagnostics, OPKO has a robust research and development pipeline and a variety of biomedical and pharmaceutical business solutions. Learn more at https://www.opko.com.