Hereditary Cancer Features
GenPath Oncology, a division of BioReference Laboratories, is a leading expert in cancer diagnostics. GenPath offers a comprehensive test portfolio to provide a single-source solution laboratory to support the needs of healthcare providers and patients across all stages of cancer. Backed by a team of specialized board-certified pathologists, GenPath delivers a wide range of diagnostic oncology solutions, from routine clinical and special coagulation testing, to complex genomic testing for tumor sequencing and hereditary cancer syndromes.
GenPath is a leading expert in cancer diagnostics and offers a comprehensive test portfolio, including risk assessment for hereditary cancers. Since the beginning, our philosophy has been to provide tests that are in line with national guidelines. This maximizes the potential for actionable patient findings while minimizing the potential for uninformative results.
Hereditary cancer testing can provide patients:
- Personalized risk information for developing certain cancers
- Determine medical management such as increased screenings or surgical intervention
- Tailor targeted cancer treatments, such as the use of immunotherapies or PARP inhibitors
- Information of potential risk for family members
High clinical utility
GenPath offers a variety of testing options from single variant assays to comprehensive cancer panels that cover multiple cancer types. Our guideline driven testing uses a reflexive approach for the most likely causes of hereditary cancer first before expanding to additional genes.
Easy sample collection
Samples can be collected in office either in lavender top (EDTA) tubes or through a cheek swab.
Should a patient have had an allogenic bone marrow or stem cell transplant, DNA from cultured skin fibroblasts is required. For patients with clinically active hematological disease DNA from cultured skin fibroblasts is recommended.
Patient friendly billing policy
Hereditary cancer genetic testing is generally covered by insurance when patients meet criteria for testing. Our reflex testing ensures that your patient pays only for the testing they need.
Online Hereditary Cancer Assessment
MyGeneticsTree provides an easy online assessment that helps your practice screen patients to determine who may be at risk for having a higher risk of cancer from a hereditary cancer syndrome.
- Family & personal history data is entered by the patient prior or during the office visit
- Output includes assessment of patient & family history to determine lifetime risk for developing cancer & eligibility for genetic testing
- Customizations available, such as a co-branded website for seamless family history gathering, risk assessment, and genetic testing screening for your practice