Genetic Counseling Support
MyGeneTeam connects experienced genetic counselors with healthcare providers, organizations, patients and families.
MyGeneTeam genetic counselors provide patient counseling by referral as well as many other professional services. The large team of genetic counselors across the United States and Canada includes members who are located in multiple time zones and licensed in most states. They work remotely and in-person to ensure that every patient in need has easy access to experts in the field.
MyGeneTeam’s hereditary cancer genetic counselors have expertise in cancer genetics and will guide your patients through informed decision-making about genetic testing and appropriate medical management. Referral indications may include a personal or family history of:
- Early-onset cancer
- Rare, bilateral or multiple primary tumors
- Tumor test results suggestive of inherited cancer predisposition
- Multiple relatives with the same or related cancers
- Multiple gastrointestinal polyps
- Other features of a hereditary cancer syndrome, such as certain dermatologic findings or benign growths
MyGeneTeam genetic counselors provide education and support to help patients and providers make informed decisions based upon genetic information.
All genetic counselors at MyGeneTeam
- Have master’s degrees and are board-eligible or board-certified by the American Board of Genetic Counseling, American College of Medical Genetics and/or the Canadian Association of Genetic Counsellors.
- Licensed per state laws, where applicable
- Have on average of 14 years of experience
- And includes many genetic counselors providing leadership and volunteer service within patient-centered professional organizations on local, state and national levels.
Learn more about MyGeneTeam here and GenPath/MyGeneTeam Workflow here.
Download the Genetic Counselor Referral Form here.