GenPath is a leading cancer laboratory that provides all of the diagnostic needs for a cancer patient workup. Our parent company, BioReference Laboratories, has grown 30% annually over the last several years emerging as one of the largest publicly traded (BRLI) laboratories in the US. Oncology in particular has been a key driver of overall revenue growth and as a result we are looking to hire for our growing business needs.
Marketing Associate/Associate Product Manager, Oncology
Job Category: Marketing
Location: Elmwood Park
Relocation assistance: Not available
Salary and Benefits: Competitive salary and benefits including medical, dental, prescription, vision, and 401K.
The rapid advance in cancer therapeutics has brought about incredible opportunity in diagnostics. Now a patient’s tumor genetics are being targeted with personalized medicine, a new paradigm in cancer therapy. We at GenPath are looking for marketing professionals to join our team in growing our robust oncology diagnostics business unit. GenPath is a leading cancer laboratory that provides all of the diagnostic needs for a cancer patient workup. Oncology, in particular, has been a key driver of our growth and as a result we are looking to hire for our growing business needs.
The Associate Product Manager role is a multifaceted position requiring a diverse set of business skills and scientific knowledge and curiosity. The position will work closely with key personnel in our sales force, medical staff, IT, and operations. Day to day activities involve close interaction with the sales force needs including providing insight on oncology testing needs, developing marketing materials to highlight product benefits, vetting new diagnostics for market introduction, collaborating with academic partners, website content development and supporting current products.
The prospective hire would need to have a solid background in marketing or business. The position will demand a passion for learning cancer medicine.
Please only local (tri-state NY/NJ/CT area) candidates.
- Strong work ethic that will continually look for solutions
- Curiosity driven ambition that will search for answers where none are clearly presented
- Willingness to take on multiple tasks simultaneously and performing all at high levels
- Confidence to present information in a cogent and coherent manner in front of large audiences
- Ability to distill complex scientific ideas into clear marketing materials
- Insight to provide innovative and value adding ideas
- Ability to work independently
- Eagerness to learn new job functions as required by growing demands of the company
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or physical sciences (biology, chemistry, etc.)
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Prior work experience of 2-4 years
- Proficiency in writing and presentations (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Experience in the lab industry or medical sciences industry is helpful
- Prior experience in business, project management, and/or a position with tight deadlines is a great asset
- Experience will determine level of hired position
If interested, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org