GenPath is a leading cancer laboratory that provides all of the diagnostic needs for a cancer patient workup. Our parent company, BioReference Laboratories, has grown 30% annually over the last several years emerging as one of the largest publicly traded (BRLI) laboratories in the US. Oncology in particular has been a key driver of overall revenue growth and as a result we are looking to hire for our growing business needs.
Marketing Manager, Oncology
Job Category: Marketing
Location: Elmwood Park
Relocation assistance: Not available
Salary and Benefits: Competitive salary and benefits including medical, dental, prescription, vision, and 401K.
The Marketing Manager position is a multifaceted position requiring a diverse set of business skills and scientific knowledge and curiosity. The position will work closely with key personnel in our sales force, medical staff, IT, and operations. Day to day activities involve close interaction with the sales force needs including providing insight on oncology testing needs, developing marketing materials to highlight product benefits, vetting new diagnostics for market introduction, collaborating with academic partners, website content development and supporting current products.
The prospective hire would need to have a good science background, preferably in biology, and a work background in oncology. The position will require an understanding of cancer medicine and as a result the candidate would need to develop the knowledge quickly to succeed.
The position would report to the Director of Oncology Marketing. Please only local (tri-state NY/NJ/CT area) candidates.
- Work independently
- Leadership to work across functional groups
- Strong work ethic that will continually look for solutions
- Willingness to take on multiple tasks simultaneously and performing all at high levels
- Confidence to present information in a cogent and coherent manner in front of large audiences
- Insight to provide ideas that others have not thought of
- Eagerness to learn new job functions as required by growing demands of the company
- Ability to interact with medical staff on medical testing issues
Education and Experience:
- Strongly prefer a bachelors degree in either physical sciences (biology, chemistry, etc) or business
- Masters degree in a biological science is a significant plus
- Related work experience of at least 3 years
- Proficiency in writing and presentations
- Project management experience is a plus
- Experience in the lab industry is helpful
- Familiarity in reading oncology literature and journals
If interested, please email your resume to email@example.com